750 employees, 112 years of experience, and one mission

As one of Germany’s oldest and largest construction service providers, the Lupp corporate group has stood for building quality and competence for 4 generations. Our 750 employees carry out a wide range of ambitious projects throughout Germany and beyond from our headquarters in Nidda near Frankfurt.

Our aim has always been to be among the best in everything we do. Because of this, we build on our experience from over 100 years of company history, combining it with state of the art construction technology. Our services range from development to building to operation, covering the entire real estate life cycle. The issue of sustainability is of central importance at Lupp, with the goal of reducing consumption of energy and resources to a minimum throughout all of a building’s life cycle phases. Our mission: we build the future.

Lupp by the numbers

Lupp is a family company that was founded in 1910. From a small bricklaying company, it has developed into one of Germany’s largest mid-sized construction service providers. As a general contractor, Lupp is able to handle almost all work areas when carrying out building projects, and cover the entire life cycle of a property from a process-oriented standpoint.

1 mission: we build the future

4 generations

12 companies

13 locations

20 countries in company history

40 football fields-size of the company premises

50 construction sites worldwide on average

112 year success story

189 meter – highest building constructed

750 employees

2.300 contracts to subcontractors and suppliers per year

38.000 tons of steel per year

240.000 cubic metres of concrete per year

5.575.533 kilowatt hours of electricity per year

450.000.000 euro annual output

Into a future of success together

Avatar

Personen im Management

V.l.n.r.:
MICHAEL FUCHS, Technical director
THOMAS LUPP, Advisory board chairman
SINA LUPP, Partner
YANN LUPP, Partner
THILO MOSER, Technical director
MATTHIAS KAUFMANN, Managing director

Our locations

Head office, subsidiaries, branches


Adolf Lupp GmbH + Co KG
Head office Nidda
Alois-Thums-Straße 1-3
63667 Nidda
Phone: +49 60 43 – 807 0
E-Mail: info@lupp.de

Adolf Lupp GmbH + Co KG
Berlin branch
Rudower Chaussee 54
12489 Berlin
Phone: +49 30 – 639 229 50
E-Mail: berlin@lupp.de

Adolf Lupp GmbH + Co KG
Hamburg branch
Gasstraße 12
22761 Hamburg
Phone: +49 40 – 890 693 75
E-Mail: hamburg@lupp.de

Adolf Lupp GmbH + Co KG
Bad Neustadt branch
Siemensstraße 16
97616 Bad Neustadt
Phone: +49 9771 – 630650
E-Mail: bad-neustadt@lupp.de

Adolf Lupp GmbH + Co KG
Gießen branch
Friedrich-List-Straße 21
35398 Gießen
Phone +49 641 – 968 03
E-Mail: giessen@lupp.de

Adolf Lupp Projekt d.o.o. Ul. Ive Senjanina 12
23000, Zadar, Croatia
E-Mail: kroatien@lupp.de

Lupp – more than a construction company

We have been building the future for over 100 years. We do more than just classic construction. Our services also include project development that begins long before construction does, as well as comprehensive operation of the new building to ensure long-term value preservation. By doing so, we succeed in optimally coordinating all processes throughout the entire life cycle of a property. Highly specialised teams are available to serve you in the individual areas of development, building, and operations at our main company and at Lupp corporate group subsidiaries. We have a total of 13 locations – 11 within Germany and two abroad:

Lupp Netzbau

Line and underground construction
www.lupp-netzbau.de

Lupp FM Services

Facility Management
www.lupp-fm.de

Lupp Bau- und
Immobilienmanagement

Oberhessisches
Spannbetonwerk

Constructive prefabricated parts
www.osw-spannbeton.de

Transport Logistik
Oberhesssen

Transport and logistics
www.tlo-nidda.de

TLO Autoservice

Car workshop
www.tlo-nidda.de/tlo-autoservice

TLO Truckservice

Truck workshop
www.tlo-nidda.de/tlo-truckservice

SpritPoint

Tank- und Service
Oberhessen

112 years of Lupp

Our company’s story began 112 years ago: a small family company, its first horse, 10 employees. On that foundation, we lay the cornerstone for a corporate group that continues to shape our region. Today, Lupp is one of Germany’s largest mid-sized construction service providers with approx. 750 employees, and has stood for building quality and competence for 4 generations.

1910

Adolf Lupp becomes self-employed after completion of his two-year military service and registers a bricklayer business in Nidda at the Mühlstraße 24.

1912

Adolf Lupp passes his examination as a master craftsman to be able to train apprentices. A horse and cart are purchased to carry the necessary construction material.

1914

Start of World War I. Construction works are suspended since Adolf has been drafted as a soldier for four years.

1915

The son of the master bricklayer Adolf Lupp and his spouse Emma Lupp is born on 29 January, also named Adolf.

1918

Adolf Lupp returns from the War.

1919

Activities of the bricklaying business are continued, and the first apprentices are hired.

1921

The second son of Adolf and Emma Lupp, Karl Ludwig, is born on 14 April.

1923

Inflation period. Master mason Adolf Lupp supervises the construction of the District Office in Büdingen. Much money of little value is paid for construction work.

1926

Expansion of the machinery with a staff of 10 to 15.

1928

Start of initial construction activities for the paper mill in Ober-Schmitten.

1929

Construction of new residential buildings in Nidda and vicinity.

1932

High unemployment rate, public relief works in Nidda.

1934

Adolf Lupp, Jr., commences his studies at the Technische Hochschule (technical university) Darmstadt.

1935

Acquisition of the first own truck.

1937

The pre-war boom continues. There is a lot of activity at the troop exercise areas and on Harb’s military airport. The company employs already more than 100 workers.

1938

Karl Ludwig Lupp begins his academic studies as an engineer in Mainz.

1939

Adolf Lupp, Jr., is conscripted into the German army. Start of World War II.

1940

Karl Ludwig Lupp passes his examination as a civil engineer in Mainz, enters the armed forces and is in combat.

1943

Registration of the construction company Lupp in the Commercial Registry. Foundation of a branch in Frankfurt on the Main.

1944

Birth of Henning Lupp, son of Adolf, Jr., and Hildegard Lupp on 26 April. In the same year, Adolf Lupp, Jr., has been reported as missing in action.

1946

Karl Ludwig Lupp returns from the War unharmed and takes charge of the company’s Frankfurt branch.

1949

Lupp constructs large buildings, partially in the form of joint ventures.

1951

The constantly expanding contract volume demands more executive managers. Dipl.-Ing. Alfred Buss is appointed head of the Frankfurt branch; civil engineer Richard Müller is appointed Chief Construction Manager.

1952

The founder and senior partner Adolf Lupp dies after a brief illness. Karl Ludwig Lupp directs the vigorously expanding building firm; he is 31 years old. Erhard Ulrich joins the company as Commercial Director.

1953

The number of employees has risen to more than 200. Thomas, the son of Karl Ludwig Lupp and his wife Christa, is born. The business premises are transferred to Schloßgasse 34 in Nidda.

1956

Purchase of a property in Frankfurt for a new administrative building.

1959

Lupp construction company employs more than 500 people now.

1960

Lupp builds its first prestressed concrete bridge over the Nidder in Altenstadt. 50th anniversary of the Lupp construction firm.

1965

Founding of the Oberhessisches Spannbetonwerk GmbH subsidiary company. Construction of factory workshops and a prestressing line of 100 meters in length in Nidda-Harb.

1965

Dipl.-Ing. Richard Müller is appointed Technical Director. Erhard Ulrich is appointed Commercial Director.

1966

First major turnkey project in the form of construction of a secondary school in Büdingen.

1967

Construction of bridges and passages for the Frankfurt–Giessen–Siegen autobahn highway.

1969

Lupp constructs the largest chipboard plant in Europe for Hornitex in Nidda.

1970

he first in-house journal is published: “Unser Firmenspiegel” (Our Company Mirror).

1971

The first computer is utilised. Construction of another factory workshop for the production of prestressed ready-made bridge girders.

1972

The number of employees adds up to more than 700 now.

1972

Dipl.-Ing. Alfred Buss retires after 21 years of service. His successor at the Frankfurt branch is Dipl.-Ing. Horst Fleischer.

1975

Lupp moves into the new administrative building in Nidda-Harb. The Lupp company’s move from the historical centre area of Nidda is now concluded.

1978/79

First construction site abroad in Tobruk, Libya: a ship lifting system is built. Dipl.-Ing. Horst Fleischer is appointed Technical Director.

1982

Thomas Lupp commences working for Lupp after concluding his studies in civil engineering at the TH Darmstadt (technical university). A permanent office is established in Berlin.

1983

Opening of a branch office in Haiti. Foreign contracts are completed in Libya and Algeria.

1983

Henning Lupp, son of Adolf Lupp jun., engineer and graduate in business administration, joins the family firm. Thomas and Henning Lupp are appointed Directors. Ulla Lupp, graduate in business administration, starts her activity as a business economist.

1984/85

Shift of activities toward sewage plants and commercial housing construction.

1988

Sina and Yann, children of Thomas and Ulla Lupp, the 4th generation of the family company are born.

1990/91

Start of building activities in the new federal states in Eastern Germany. Opening of branches in Merseburg/Saxony-Anhalt and Gotha/Thuringia.

1991

Annex to the office building in Nidda-Harb, built owing to increased space requirement.

1993/94

Lupp obtains a contract for a ferroconcrete building in Ghana and is one of the biggest road builders in Ghana.

1995/96

Lupp is awarded the contract for a bridge made of pre-cast segments, the longest ever, at a length of 207 metres. More contracts abroad in El Salvador and Haiti. Dipl.-Ing. Hans Ritz is appointed Director.

1998

Senior partner Karl Ludwig Lupp dies after a brief illness, on 17 April. Founding of TLO GmbH.

1999

Lupp is awarded a 40 million DM contract in Belize (Central America) to plan a completely new town for 10,000 inhabitants and to carry out the complete infrastructure work. Stefan Hasenstab is hired as Controlling Manager and becomes the successor of the commercial signatory Fritz Ulbrich.

2000

TSO GmbH, a subsidiary of the Lupp group of companies, opens the “Sprit Point” petrol filling station.

2002

Founding of LBI Bau- und Immobilienmanagement GmbH (construction and property management). Execution of initial contracting commissions.

2004

Founding of Lupp Construction Romania S.R.L.

2005

Stefan Hasenstab is appointed Commercial Director.

2006

GFounding of Lupp Angola Lda. Opening of the branch office in Marktheidenfeld. Henning Lupp dies at the age of only 62.

2007

Lupp Project Transylvania S.R.L. starts operations in Cluj, Romania.

2008

Lupp Rohrleitungsbau GmbH with its headquarters in Frankfurt commences operations. Attorney Klaus Depold is appointed Director. Lupp is awarded the prize as “Training Company of the Year for 2008.”

2009

Founding of Lupp Middle East LLC in Oman in a partnership.

2010

Founding of VL Baumanagement GmbH in a joint venture with Volksbank Mittelhessen. Celebration on the occasion of the 100th anniversary.

2011

Thilo Moser is appointed as Technical Manager.

2012

Foundation of Lupp International Qatar LLC

2013

nimo Lupp Ltd. Is founded in Algeria alongside local partner nimo Construction. Matthias Kaufmann is appointed Commercial Manager and Michael Fuchs is appointed Technical Manager.

2015

The companies Lupp Rohrleitungsbau GmbH and Neubecker und Wagner Bau GmbH merge to become Lupp Netzbau GmbH. Lupp and architectural firm IHT found the project development company Riedberg III. Thomas Lupp leaves general management after 32 years.

2016

The newly founded company Advisory Board begins its work under the chairmanship of Thomas Lupp. 

2017

Lupp constructs the Omniturm, the tallest building in the company’s history as yet at 189 meters.

2018

Shareholders Sina and Yann Lupp receive power of representation and become authorised signatories. Lupp Netzbau moves into a site in Bad Vilbel which was newly constructed by Lupp. The headquarters in Nidda is modernised and expanded with a four-story annex.  Adolf Lupp Projekt d.o.o. is founded in Croatia. Mia Alin is born, the daughter of Sina Lupp and her husband Mark Sztyndera-Lupp. 

2010

Alia Mayla is born, the daughter of Sina Lupp and her husband Mark Sztyndera-Lupp. The Lupp corporate group employs 750 workers.

How can we help you?

Do you have a question concerning the Lupp group, would you like to learn more about our construction services,  or would you like to receive a customised offer? Contact us today. We will be happy to help you.

Contact